The Life Skills online curriculum includes modules listed below.
Each individual course can be taken independently of each other. Approximate times for each course are provided. Courses may be closed and continued at a later time.
Avoiding Destructive Behavior
- Estimated Course Time – 11:25
- Identify behaviors that can be destructive to you and your family.
- Identify behaviors that can help you and your family stay healthy.
- Understand how destructive behavior can affect you, your family, and your job.
- Where to go first if you believe you have a problem.
- Estimated Course Time – 11:07
- Define how much of your monthly income should be reserved for housing.
- Understand the relationship between housing costs and transportation costs for getting to work.
- Identify potential problems in housing that can raise your electricity bill.
- Describe sources of potential hazards in homes.
- Define the relationship between a house that may seem affordable and the maintenance, transportation, and safety costs associated with home ownership.
Nutrition and Physical Fitness
- Estimated Course Time – 10:18
- Define a healthy snack and the benefits associated with a healthy diet.
- Describe four food groups and examples of healthy portions for each.
- Define the benefits of a healthy diet and how they may influence you and your family.
- Describe the benefits of regular exercise for both your body and mind.
- Estimated Course Time – 11:29
- Identify several reliable sources of transportation for getting to work.
- Identify signs to look for when inspecting a car.
- Describe how to properly maintain a car to help ensure reliability.
- Identify alternate methods of transportation for getting to work, such as public transportation or carpooling.
- Understand the importance of a backup plan for getting to work if needed.
Living on a Budget
- Estimated Course Time – 15:36
- Define the term “gross pay” and describe the varying types of taxes and deduction that are withheld from your pay.
- Define the term “net pay” and the varying information that is found on a paycheck.
- Demonstrate personal budgeting techniques for effectively allocating your income.
- Describe techniques for lowering your budget through comparative shopping.
- Understand how to effectively budget limited money for paying your bills on time.
Making the Most of Your Money
- Estimated Course Time – 17:14
- Describe the types of services offered by the bank for helping to manage money.
- Understand the consequences of over spending, and the process of opening a new bank account for keeping track of your money.
- Identify tips for keeping your money safe by maintaining records and avoiding scams.
- Define the varying types of people that may try to scam you.
- Identify agencies and resources that can help you if you think you have ben scammed.
Managing your Money Wisely
- Problems with Credit
- Estimated Course Time – 18:12
- Define the purpose of a credit card versus a loan, and the appropriate choice for making small and large purchases.
- Understand the responsibilities of loans through credit cards, and identify questions to ask yourself to determine if you really need a credit card.
- Describe the various fees associated with credit cards and how they might affect the amount you pay each month.
- Understand the consequences of not paying your credit card bills on time or making lower monthly payments.
- Identify an appropriate course of action to take if you find yourself in financial difficulty.
Alchemy Systems, the leader in food worker training, is proud to introduce Alchemy Manager, a training/tracking product designed especially for small and medium-sized food processors who are being pressured to achieve GFSI compliance.
Alchemy has quickly become the industry standard for making training and recordkeeping a virtually pain-free process. The courses were designed by food safety and compliance experts to meet the unique requests of processors:
- Completely eliminate paperwork
- Meet all GFSI, OSHA, EEOC and industry-specific compliance needs
- Use an audit-ready compliance database
- Cost less than classroom training and other e-learning solutions
- Deliver a consistent message
- Deal with multiple languages and differing levels of literacy
- At audit time, be able to prove that workers took their training and understood it
Mérieux NutriSciences has extensive experience in developing and customizing training courses for the food industry. If you’re interested in training on a topic not covered on our website, feel free to contact us.